May 12-13, 2017
Friday: 10 am to 6 pm
Saturday: 10 am to 4 pm
Rain or Shine, Admission is free.
MUSIC & EVENT SCHEDULE
1:00 – 3:00 STAR
4:00 – 4:30 a capella Chorus from the Philadelphia School
10:00 - 1:00 City Lights
10:00 - 2:00 BOUNCE CASTLE open for children
1:00 - 2:00 Performance by Philadelphia Dance Academy
2:00 - 4:00 DJ Patty Pat
3:00 - 4:00 Announcements of Raffle and Silent Auction winners
Click here for pictures of Spring Fair 2015
Click here for pictures of Spring Fair 2016
Drop off your Reusable Items at the Spring Fair
At the Fair, we sell gently-used and reusable items donated from the community. We greatly rely on your donated items to help make the Fair a success.
Gently-used items we need:
- Children’s clothing in sizes infant thru 14-16, children’s games and toys, and baby gear. Please be sure the items are clean and stain free. We cannot accept baby furniture, bedding, or formula. For questions please email Robin or Gemina, co-chairs of the Children’s booth.
- Books of all kinds: Fiction and non-fiction paperbacks, hardbacks, texts, magazines, audio books in good condition.
- Household items for our White Elephant sale: kitchenware, tools, small appliances and lamps, jewelry, wall hangings, sporting goods, vases, tools, pet accessories, etc. -- things that you no longer need or fit into your house. We cannot accept clothing, furniture, or electronic equipment (computers, monitors, printers, etc)
- We also need your clean paper and plastic bags
Please hold your items now, and bring them to the Park –
Drop off items at the Park on Thursday and Friday, all day until 7pm, and on Saturday until 10am. Drop off items: the earlier the better for us.
All donated items are tax deductible; receipts will available at the Park Thursday thru Saturday.
Raffle Donations for the Raffle table at the Fair
FSIA looks for local businesses to donate gift certificates or gift baskets for our raffle table at the Spring Fair. The raffle donations we receive are among the most successful at raising funds for Fitler Square. We appreciate business donations that are a minimum of $25.00 in cash value – of course larger sums or multiple certificates are especially appreciated. The drawing for the winners of the raffle items will take place on Saturday, at the end of the Fair day.
For raffle donations, please contact Amy.
Join us on the Friday and Saturday preceding Mother's Day at Fitler Square Park’s Annual Spring Fair. Surrounding the fountain, get in on the raffle of goods and services from local restaurants and shops. Throughout the park are treasures for everyone: flowering plants and herbs for your garden; gently used books and children's clothing; delicious baked goods, foods and drinks; Fitler Square T-shirts and stationery; and inexpensive white elephant items. Music is performed on our stage by local talent. Around the perimeter of the square, over 30 vendors create a vibrant craft and flea market.
Admission is free, and the Fair is held rain or shine.
All proceeds of the Fair benefit the year-round maintenance and greening of the park. We at FSIA realize how lucky we are to have generous neighbors who support our Square through membership dues and the funds raised at the Spring Fair. We do not ask for City funding that we believe is needed in less fortunate areas.
Volunteers - We Need your Help!
We need volunteers to help with the preparations to the Fair, and we especially need help on the two days of the Fair. Booths and tables at the Fair are staffed by friends, volunteers, and board members of FSIA. Your help for even as little as two hours on Friday and/or Saturday at the Fair, would be a great help. You need not have any experience or special skills. Below is a list of some of the booths/tables at the Fair where we could use your help:
- Garden Flowers and Plants
- Children's Clothing, games, toys, and baby gear
- White elephant booth (inexpensive household items)
- Raffle table (gift certificates, gift baskets, and auctioned items from local restaurants and shops)
- Gently-used Books
- Food – Hot and Cold foods
- Baked Goods booth
- Fitler Square T-shirts, Hats, and Notecards
- Roving volunteer
- Tent Set up Thursday
- Clean-up Saturday
Please send an email to Sharon if you can assist us in our preparations and running the Fair.
Helping is a great way to connect with the Fitler Square community!